Pages

Sunday, November 15, 2009

Method 9 Chating

I completed my Masters through TWU totally online.  In one of the courses the Professor openned up the Chat room part of the Blackboard.  I found that I couldn't type fast enough to keep up with the conversation. It almost felt as though I was in a huge party room with 1,000 people talking at once and I was trying to follow each of the different conversations and respond to the questions. I guess I am old school and really did not enjoy the chat room.

The ITS at my school where I am the librarian uses Sykpe between the computer labs, but she is giving directions to the students and I don't think really carrying on a conversation. 

Again being a public school librarian limits me to what I am allowed to use.  Instantance messaging  is another Web 2.0 tool that has not yet broken into the public school venue.

No comments:

Post a Comment