Pages

Sunday, October 18, 2009

Library of Ephesus-Method 5


greece beginnings 032
Originally uploaded by aegrobe1

I chose this picture because this was the 4th largest library in the ancient world. The library was located Ephesus. Interesting story behind this library. Located in the library was a tunnel that went to the Temple of Diana. The gentlemen of the time period would tell their wife that they were going to the "library" and then go through the tunnel to the Temple. It gave new meaning to the pharse " I am going to the library."

The ITS and myself are working with the 7th grade ELA students with movie maker. Since Google images is blocked at our school, we direct the students to Flickr, and (Yes we have them cite the source) but are we violating copyright? I agree with the blog article in respect that perhaps it is time to revisit the copyright laws in order to incorporate the new technology.

I have posted my personal photos on Flickr and also Shutterfly. I am so glad that I did. If I hadn't when my hard drived crashed I would have lost all the photos from my Greece trip this summer, including the one that I posted

My son's faternity did a cross country bike ride this summer, and daily their pictures were posted to flickr. It was really wonderful to be able to go through the posting and see the daily activites.

With advent of photosharing, blogging, and google docs our world has truly become "a small, small world."

No comments:

Post a Comment