Pages

Monday, October 12, 2009

Method 3 The Cloud

I have been without a computer for over a month, hard drive crashed. As I was waiting for the timely return, thinking how nice it would have been if I knew about the "cloud" before the hard drive failure. I could have used the presentation tool in Zoho to complete the PowerPoint of my son's cross country bike ride this summer and I would still have it available; to edit, to share and just look back on. But alas, it is no more. My computer returned, but without a C drive to download Microsoft Office, so Google Docs here I come.

It would be beneficial to our students and to our teachers if Goggle docs was allowed to be used in the district. Students would be able to create a document, calendar or presentation that would be easily accessible to their teachers.

After reading the comments about security issues, I was speaking to my ITS and she had the same concerns. What happens when the "cloud" breaks open and sensitive information is "raining" down in "cyper space" for anyone to gather up? But with technology advancing faster than we can keep up, perhaps using the "cloud" for personal information is not feasible at this time.

No comments:

Post a Comment